Today’s dish – “Roasted lamb leg” is contributed by a passionate cook, Raman Okram from Manipur. For him, this is one of the easiest recipes that he has cooked so far. His suggestion is to go for a smaller size of the lamb leg because they’re more tender and it could easily fit to the tray of the oven too. Let’s find out the recipe and how it is prepared!
“Roasted Lamb Leg” dish by Raman Okram from Manipur
- Lamb Leg (1 kg)
- Olive oil (2-3 tbsp)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic (2-3)
- Herbs such as rosemary and thyme (you can use any herbs that you like)
- 1 Lemon
- Baby potatoes (4-5)
Preparation of the dish :
- Browning – because it helps to lock the juices inside the meat.
- Season the meat with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Make a lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl (1 lemon and 2-3 olive oil). You can add some origano in the mix (optional).
Direction to cook the dish :
- Put the lamb (cut into halves) inside the pre-heated oven for about 40 mins at 240 celcius (leave the lamb open, don’t cover it)
- Take out the lamb from the oven when it is nicely browned. Then, put some garlic cloves and herbs on to it.
- Add baby potatoes (or any type of root vegetables of your choice) and one whole garlic
- Tightly cover the tray with aluminium foil and put it back to the pre-heated oven for 10 mins at 250 celcius
- Now lower the heat to 180 celcius for about 2-3 hrs.
And the delicious dish, Roasted Lamb Leg is ready to serve with a steaming bowl of rice!
Latest posts by Shanmi (see all)
- Tea Pluckers Heading Home After A Hard Day’s Work – By Salil At Rohini, Darjeeling - June 26, 2019
- A Chat With Avijoy Chanda, Owner Of Aroo-De Waffles – A Portable Canopy Street Shop In Guwahati, Assam - June 25, 2019
- Experience A Day In Organic Farms At The Agro-Farming Festival In Dzuleke, Nagaland - June 24, 2019