Travelers to Nagaland and even local folks would be delighted to know that there’s another great way to explore Nagaland – beyond the main towns of Kohima and Dimapur. By checking into a resort in Wokha district – a local traveler’s hub. Our contributor is walks us through “The Hammock Resort” in Wokha district, giving us a good glimpse of the place and the surrounding areas.
Also worthy to note that Hornbill may be celebrated every year in Kohima, but for the locals, Wokha is a place for daily recreation 🙂 Hordes of travelers between Kohima and Mokochung often stop over at Wokha for their meals or afternoon tea – with a plate of freshly made crispy Naga sticky rice roti. So with the place already a hub for local travel and meetups, and located conveniently between Kohima and Dimapur, travelers can enjoy one more pitstop in the lap of nature and comfort to explore Nagaland in a pace that is recommended – unrushed and relaxed.
We chat with Ronjamo Murry – one of the founders of “The Hammock Resort” to know more about the place and their offerings.
Hello Ronjamo, please introduce us to “The Hammock Resort”
The Hammock Resort was founded in 2015, is a farm resort in New Wokha Village, Nagaland, at 84.5 km NH-2. New Wokha Village was created out of the parent Wokha Village as a small elongated fertile hamlet along NH-2. That being said, the resort spread across 3 acres is surrounded by lush greenery and fresh air.
Surrounding areas of The Hammock Resort, Wokha, Nagaland
A View of the Children’s Park Surrounding The Hammock Resort
Children’s Park Surrounding The Hammock Resort
The Hammock resort. What is the meaning and story behind the name?
A hammock, by definition, is a type of bed made from a net or from a piece of strong material, with ropes at each end that are used to hang it between two trees or supports. It is a contraption, most commonly set up at beaches and resorts for people to lie down, relax and rejuvenate.
The resort is situated at the foothill of Mount Tiyi and is located between Kohima and Mokokchung. It is indeed a relaxing stopover, that is surrounded by lush and serene forests, and is ideal for rejuvenation. Hence we felt it was apt to name it “The Hammock Resort”
What is so special about the resort? How does it differ from the rest?
The Hammock Resort may not be exceptionally special, but it is the first of it’s kind in Wokha district. Our Hammock Pork Ribs and Hammock Fried Chicken (HFC) are an acclaimed specialty among many customers. At HR, cleanliness and hygiene are our top priority and we strive to show people how a clean environment can make a place more serene.
The Famous Hammock Fried Chicken
Perfectly tidied and clean rooms at The Hammock Resort, Wokha
What kind of service, amenities do you provide? What’s the most special service/advantage of staying in your place?
Keeping in tune with our motto, “Think big, start small, scale up”, we are continuously trying to not only improve but also scale up the services we can provide. We also provide card payment facility – especially for visitors from outside. Along with the resort fun and stay, we provide a host of facilities with local flavors like:
- Picnic spot with a Traditional Naga kitchen
- Children’s Park & Angling facilities
- Event management for training & occasion parties
- Trekking Basecamp. Outdoor resting sheds & gazebos and car wash
- Facilities for interactive educative programs, so team often come to the resort for their offsite training programs
- Conference rooms for official, or personal get-togethers with families – with outdoor gathering area and a stage
- Koffee Kiosk for light refreshments and snacks
Singing Cowboys to Entertain you at The Hammock Resort
Airgun shooting competition at the Hammock Resort
If you have visited this place or planning to do so, do share your feedback with the readers!
Latest posts by Nara Longkumer (see all)
- Meet Daniel Rai – A Physiotherapist and Painter From Sikkim, Who Creates Breathtaking Works of Art Inspired By The Relationship Between Nature and Man - October 5, 2018
- In Depth Chat With Koushin Yamada – A Talented Artist From Japan Who Dedicates His Life To Creating Mesmerising And Otherworldly Art - September 28, 2018
- Ziro Festival Of Music Special | Meet Augustine Shimray of Featherheads – A Multi Talented Musician and Artist Who Is Deeply Rooted and Proud of His Naga Culture - September 27, 2018