The most exciting month in Nagaland in here. July is synonymous with Cosfest in this town, and everyone knows what this event is about. Nagaland Anime Junkies is back again this 7th and 8th July and we are all invited. What theme you ask? Anime Attack. How exciting. We get to see kids and adults alike, cosplaying our favorite characters and acting them out. And to make things more exciting, there is an online gaming spot, live performances by the hottest bands, DJ’s and Beat boxers, and screening of movies by Makoto Shinkai, and many more!
Save the time and date. You don’t want to miss this. It’s bigger and better.
- July 7: 10 AM to 6 PM
- July 8: 12 PM to 6 PM
- Venue: The Heritage, Old DC Bungalow, Kohima.
- Entry fee: Kids: Rs 50; Others: Rs 100
Roots and Leisure Goes Behind the Scenes
The Roots and Leisure team visited the venue (The Heritage, Kohima), the night before the event to get a glimpse of the preparations, and to catch up with the organizing team – the brains and muscles of the event, and looked around, watching in awe of how this event came to life.
We could see the hard work put into this, but they looked so happy to be creating this world of fantasy and bringing it to life – see the months of planning and preparations being born. Although this took such time and effort, the organizing team smiled and laughed among themselves, enjoying every moment, just like we would on the days of the event.
Meet The Team: Nagaland Anime Junkies
Setting up the stage for Cosfest 2018 at the Heritage, Kohima
Meet Biebe – founder of Nagaland Anime Junkies
We caught up with some visitors from outside Nagaland, who came from all over. There were two teams from Japan: Anime Pop Mall, gift sponsors for Scavengers’ Hunt, and RGF Professional Recruitment Japan who are here to explore the skills and talents from Nagaland. Make sure you guys go and visit their stalls.
Cosplayers from Hyderabad and Arunachal enjoying their stay at the Heritage, Kohima and ready for the event tomorrow.
The NAJ team gives us a sneak peek of what to expect at this year’s Cosfest 2018, Kohima [Watch Video]
Snapshots from yesteryears of Cosplayers from Nagaland. Check out our coverage of Cosfest 2016 and Cosfest 2017
Latest posts by Nara Longkumer (see all)
- Meet Daniel Rai – A Physiotherapist and Painter From Sikkim, Who Creates Breathtaking Works of Art Inspired By The Relationship Between Nature and Man - October 5, 2018
- In Depth Chat With Koushin Yamada – A Talented Artist From Japan Who Dedicates His Life To Creating Mesmerising And Otherworldly Art - September 28, 2018
- Ziro Festival Of Music Special | Meet Augustine Shimray of Featherheads – A Multi Talented Musician and Artist Who Is Deeply Rooted and Proud of His Naga Culture - September 27, 2018