Today, we have food blogger Ksh Donny from Manipur show us how to make the famous Japanese Onigirazu (rice sandwich) and Korean Kimbap using black rice. A passionate foodie, Donny loves experimenting with food whenever she gets any free time. Through these recipes, she shares how different cultures come together for the love of rice – and how each have their own version of a rice snack (Now we know their names too!) So let’s find out what and how we are making 🙂
(Note from Donny “For the fillings, I have used both chicken sausage and tuna because these are my favorites, but you can use any filling you like; vegetarians can totally remove the meats – it’ll still be a healthy tasty treat.”)
Food blogger from Manipur, Ksh Donny’s shares her version of Japanese Onigirazu and Korean Kimbap Using Local Black Rice.
- 3-4 sheets of Seaweed
- 250 gms Black rice
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 5-6 Eggs
- 2 Cucumbers
- 3-4 Carrots
- 10-12 slices of Radish Pickle
- 4-5 Chicken sausage
- 1 can of Tuna (~250 gm)
- Salt to taste
Preparing the Ingredients:
- Separate the egg yolks and the whites and fry them separately. Slice them into long rectangular strips, and keep them aside
- Cook/steam the black rice and let it cool
Directions to make the dish:
- Place a seaweed sheet on top of the bamboo mat, and carefully spread the cooked black rice over the sheet.
- Now layer the egg white and yolk strips over the rice
- Similarly, layer the remaining filling ingredients over the egg strips
- Now roll the sheet tightly (and carefully) to hold the fillings inside – by rolling the bamboo map beneath the seaweed sheet
- Brush some sesame oil over the roll and cut it into bite-sized slices. They are now ready to be served!
Yummy Japanese Onigirazu and Korean Kimbap made of Local Black Rice is ready to be served!
- A Chat With 19-Year-Old Keyicudauke Iranggau aka Keyi Zeliang, Passionate Singer From Nagaland - July 15, 2019
- #RECIPE | Mizoram’s Favourite Dish ‘Bai’ – Made With The Stalks Of Cauliflower | by Priya Iyer - July 13, 2019
- A Glimpse Of Life On Dal Lake, Srinagar With Tiarenla Jamir From Nagaland - July 12, 2019