Today, we have food blogger Ksh Donny from Manipur show us how to make the famous Japanese Onigirazu (rice sandwich) and Korean Kimbap using black rice. A passionate foodie, Donny loves experimenting with food whenever she gets any free time. Through these recipes, she shares how different cultures come together for the love of rice – and how each have their own version of a rice snack (Now we know their names too!) So let’s find out what and how we are making 🙂
(Note from Donny “For the fillings, I have used both chicken sausage and tuna because these are my favorites, but you can use any filling you like; vegetarians can totally remove the meats – it’ll still be a healthy tasty treat.”)
Food blogger from Manipur, Ksh Donny’s shares her version of Japanese Onigirazu and Korean Kimbap Using Local Black Rice.
- 3-4 sheets of Seaweed
- 250 gms Black rice
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 5-6 Eggs
- 2 Cucumbers
- 3-4 Carrots
- 10-12 slices of Radish Pickle
- 4-5 Chicken sausage
- 1 can of Tuna (~250 gm)
- Salt to taste
Preparing the Ingredients:
- Separate the egg yolks and the whites and fry them separately. Slice them into long rectangular strips, and keep them aside
- Cook/steam the black rice and let it cool
Directions to make the dish:
- Place a seaweed sheet on top of the bamboo mat, and carefully spread the cooked black rice over the sheet.
- Now layer the egg white and yolk strips over the rice
- Similarly, layer the remaining filling ingredients over the egg strips
- Now roll the sheet tightly (and carefully) to hold the fillings inside – by rolling the bamboo map beneath the seaweed sheet
- Brush some sesame oil over the roll and cut it into bite-sized slices. They are now ready to be served!
Yummy Japanese Onigirazu and Korean Kimbap made of Local Black Rice is ready to be served!
Latest posts by Shanmi (see all)
- A Chat With 19-Year-Old Keyicudauke Iranggau aka Keyi Zeliang, Passionate Singer From Nagaland - July 15, 2019
- #RECIPE | Mizoram’s Favourite Dish ‘Bai’ – Made With The Stalks Of Cauliflower | by Priya Iyer - July 13, 2019
- A Glimpse Of Life On Dal Lake, Srinagar With Tiarenla Jamir From Nagaland - July 12, 2019